What is IVF?
IVF full form In Vitro Fertilization – The process of fertilizing an ovum of mother with the sperm of father on a Petri dish inside a laboratory. After fertilization is completed, the fertilized egg is then transferred into the uterus of mother, which would help sperms to mature into a full term baby.
IVF can be done any time during the reproductive age. Many women’s are opting for IVF at 40, 45 or even at 50 years age as they feel now they have settled their careers and wanted to experience the joys of motherhood.
Infertility is another common reason why couples want to opt for IVF treatments.
What are the causes of INFERTILITY?
Infertility causes great moral dilemma for couples as being childless for life is not a comfortable thought. Both male and females can have fertility issues, however female infertility causes greater concern for conception as most of the reproductive cycle during pregnancy is dependent on the female reproductive organs. Causes of infertility are mainly due to decreased, abnormal sperm count or morphology(clap).
What are the causes of INFERTILITY in Females?
Fertility of couples depend on various factors. Some of them are mentioned below :
- Common causes include increased reproduction age (Post Menopause).
- Decreased Egg (Ovum) in ovary due to hormonal or clinical conditions like PCOD (Polycystic Ovarian Disease).
- Uterine fibroids or polyps.
- Fallopian tube damage due to previous tubal pregnancy (Eclopic pregnancy).
- Previous Genital Infection.
- Chronic Medical illness like Thyroid, Liver, Metabolic disorders.